Beef Quality Assurance
Monday, December 6 at 7 - 8:30 PM
Edon Firehall, 326 S Michigan Street, Edon, OH 43518
Capture more value from your market cattle and learn best management practices for your operation by becoming BQA certified. Training will also count for recertification. Williams County 4-H/FFA beef exhibitors may attend as part of Ohio Youth Food Animal Quality Assurance requirement.
There is NO COST to attend. RSVP by Thursday, December 2 at 419-636-5608.
Questions? Contact ANR Educator Stephanie Karhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-519-6047.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +
Looking ahead to the holidays: Edon Farmers CoOp will be closed on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24th. We will also be closed on New Year's Eve, Friday, December 31st.
Have a joyous Christmas and happy New Year season. Thank you for your patronage.
Check out the new pictures of the progress in Montpelier!!!
Edon, Ohio (43518)
|Montpelier Grain Terminal
11-715 Co Rd 13
Montpelier, OH 43543
- Wheats Mixed Mostly Lower so Far
- Monday wheat markets are mostly red at midday. CBT SRW futures are 1 to 2 1/4 cents higher for the new crop, though the nearby contracts are down as much as 3 1/4 cents so far. In KC wheat, futures are 2 1/2 to 7 cents red nearby and fractionally...
- Cattle Prices Mixed at Midday
- Live cattle futures are trading higher through Monday’s midday, gaining 7 to 75 cents so far. Feeder cattle, on the other hand, are trading with midday losses limited to 37 cents. USDA reported the bulk of cash sales activity last week was $140-$142, with $220 in the beef. The 12/2...
- Hog Market Down Triple Digits
- The new week of trade has lean hog futures $0.97 to $2.40 in the red so far. December had +20k contracts open as of 12/3, they are set to expire on next Tuesday (14th). USDA’s National Average Base hog price was back down by $2.26 to $56.16. CME’s 12/2 Lean...
- Corn Futures Working Lower
- Corn prices came out of the weekend break with losses. Midday prices are 5 to 6 1/2 cents in the red so far. December contracts still had 7,780 contracts of OI as of Friday’s settle, futures expire on the 14th. Weekly corn export inspections were 758,169 MT (29.848 mbu) during...
- Beans Fading at Midday
- So far for Monday’s trade, soybean futures are 7 3/4 to 11 1/2 cents in the red. Soymeal prices are $6.10 to $7.80 weaker at midday, while the soy oil is up 22 to 36 points so far. Weekly inspections data shows 2.247 MMT (82.5 mbu) of soybeans were exported...
- Cotton Climbing Back for Monday Midday
- The new week of cotton trading has the board backup by triple digits so far for Monday’s midday. December is 125 points higher on limited OI, while the other nearbys are up 197 to 242 points. USDA’s weekly Cotton Market Review showed 39,353 bales were sold during the week that...